Who we are
Nadiya Wynn, Restorative Being, Yoga and Mindfulness. Our website address is https://restorativebeing.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
What information we hold about you
When you register for a class, course or 1-2-1, I will gather some contact details and health-related questions via a Health Form – either completed via the website or in class. This information is necessary for class management and to ensure I am fully insured to teach you and for communication purposes and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Weekly class attendance registers – data collected in class – used for class management and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Notes taken at classes and sessions – data collected in a class – used for class management and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Emails sent from clients and non-clients. Important messages are saved in our filing system; otherwise, emails retained for up to two years.
- Payment data, excluding card information which we do not receive at any time.
- Website cookies set automatically by our software. We do not knowingly access these or pass them to third parties.
- Except where required by law, we do not share data with third parties or sell contact lists.
How we use the information about you
Your personal information will only be used to inform your yoga class or therapy session and is never shared with any third party.
From time to time, I will send out newsletters by email, updating you of any new classes or workshops I have organised or special offers. You will only receive this if you have opted-in to my MailChimp mailing list via the website or asked me to add you by email. You can ask me to remove you from the MailChimp mailing list at any time, and all newsletters have the opt-out link.
When you book in for a yoga class, course or 1-2-1, you consent to me holding your personal information for the purposes described above. I will also ask for your consent to me storing your contact details to send out newsletters; you can withdraw this at any time by contacting me.
Access to your information
I will store your information securely, and you have the right to request details on what information I hold. You can ask me to correct any information which you feel is inaccurate. I will only retain your data for as long as it remains relevant to your yoga sessions. You can ask for your information to removed and deleted, but please note that I must retain your records for seven years to comply with my insurance.
Other websites and social media platforms
Making a complaint
- If you wish to make a complaint about a data breach, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.